Focused on the user
Network intelligently: mill and turn more efficiently with Connected Machining
Uniformly digital networked production is also topic number one at AMB 2018, with HEIDENHAIN placing special emphasis on the user in the shop.
The Connected Machining package of functions places the user at the center of digital job management via the control.
Connected Machining in practice
- View PDF, CAD, and image files directly on the control. All you need is a simple Ethernet connection to your HEIDENHAIN control. The required viewers are already included in the control’s standard features.
- Send and receive e-mails, or use applications and data in the network—all directly from the control. The REMOTE DESKTOP MANAGER makes it easy and convenient to switch from the control’s screen to a Windows PC interface.
- Always maintain an overview of the status of your machine tools and jobs. The StateMonitor software provides a real-time view of your connected machines and increases the transparency of your processes.
- Is your production process running faster than anticipated? Then your ERP and production-activity control systems need to be informed so that logistics, for example, can be adapted as needed. Over the HEIDENHAIN DNC interface, you can integrate the control with these areas of your networked production environment as well.
- Work within the network without losing sight of the machining process. Right next to the screen of your HEIDENHAIN control, the Extended Workspace displays all of the information and applications you need.
The advantages of Connected Machining
Connected machining connects HEIDENHAIN controls to all production-related areas of your company and features the following characteristics:
- Individual adaptation to already existing structures
- Openness for future requirements and developments
You benefit from the following:
- Work made simpler thanks to the easy utilization of data
- Time-saving workflows
- Lean, transparent processes
- Increased productivity
Become informed in a relaxed atmosphere: welcome to the TNC Club Lounge!
The TNC Club Lounge from HEIDENHAIN is the meeting place for all TNC users who are keen on gaining exclusive advanced knowledge and exchanging ideas with other experts. It’s also a great place to relax from the hustle and bustle of the trade fair.
to find out more about what to expect at the TNC Club Lounge at AMB
Apprentices hit the gas
Recruitment concerns are plaguing the machine-building industry, including small, family-owned operations all the way to large international corporations. At big trade shows, the Special Show for Young People is fighting this trend by motivating students to pursue apprenticeships in this field.
The apprentice training programs at HERMLE and HEIDENHAIN, as well as the Feintechnikschule Schwenningen (FTS) vocational school, have a special idea for AMB: they will be demonstrating the complete design and production process of a Formula 1 model race car.